Renewable heating systems are quickly becoming the norm rather than the exception.
The industry now requires greener energy effective solutions. Consumers are no longer happy to put up with the old status quo boiler, radiator and cylinder systems. They now seek cost effective systems to provide them with comfort, convenience and value for money.
Couple these factors with the implementation of the unyielding Part L of the building regulations and the entire landscape of the heating industry has changed.
There is a wide variety of high efficiency and renewable energy products on the market. These include, heat recovery ventilation systems (HRV), geothermal heat pumps, air source heat pumps, solid fuel stoves, condensing boilers, the choices are endless.
This trend and the availability of such an array of products have highlighted a number of issues within the industry.
Our experience has shown that there is a serious lack of heating systems and product knowledge throughout the entire building industry. This problem is compounded with deficient and inaccurate advice being provided through the standard supply chains.
The emergence of energy efficient products and enforcement of regulations is of course a major step in the right direction. However critical issues still remain unaddressed. Energy effectiveness has created a mini boom within the industry. Overnight there has been an emergence of self-professed renewable energy experts who most often lack the theoretical and practical experience required as well as in-depth product knowledge to satisfy the now discerning customers.
The challenge is now set
- Building suppliers and unqualified sales staff are no longer an option for system advice or specification
- Heating engineers and architects must design systems to achieve the consumers requirements and not just focus on achieving regulations
- Selected system components must be fit for purpose and perform to real life conditions
- Installation contractors must educate themselves on the available technologies and installation processes
- The developer / contractor must assume full accountability for the heating systems they install and the effectiveness of these systems
Developers & Contractors
Developers and contractors build their reputation on quality and value. Part L of the building regulations states that all new dwellings must incorporate renewable energies in respect to heating and domestic hot water systems. This represents a new arena for developers. It requires extensive understanding, experience and product knowledge to ensure the correct application of such technologies
So how can you put your reputation on the line when
- when poor system design is no longer acceptable under the regulations
- there is a clear absence of specialized knowledge in the application of these new technologies
- when substandard system components are the responsibility of the developer/contractor
- when each provider is pushing their particular heating commodity without offering a coherent system solution
- when there does not exist an authority to rely upon for solutions
Until now there did not exist a single entity providing a fully comprehensive solution. ES now offer design assistance, technical installation guidance, end-user support and much more. We eliminate all issues currently inhibiting the industry.
The ES Solution
We have been at the forefront of the renewable energy era from the very beginning. With over 70 year’s industry experience to hand in our Cork based offices alone we are the authority within the sector.
Upon consultation with the developer/ contractor we design the optimum cost effective system with both the end user and the developer in mind, including;
- system design to suit each individual house type including heat loss calculations ,working schematic’s and optimal installation procedures
- product specification and supply of the crucial system components
- skill development and technical support for the installers as required
- installation supervision as required
- system commissioning as required
- all reasonable end user support towards proper system operation and effective energy usage
At ES we take responsibility and stand accountable for all aspects of the systems we provide. Our goals are to;
- inform the developer/contractor on the most appropriate solutions for individual requirements of the particular development
- ensure installers understand exactly what is expected of them and how to install systems using best practices
- verify that the system is installed in accordance with proper design parameters
- assist the end users to maximise their comfort and economy in their new dwelling
- uphold the quality and value being offered by the developer/contractor
ES Additional Services
Our extensive experience in the sector has given us incomparable technical and practical knowledge. This knowledge extends to both the products and installation methods available on the market.
The application of Part L of the building regulations marks a time of dramatic change in the industry. While insulation levels, heating products and so on have all advanced, basic heating system installation processes have tended to remain unchanged. Advanced piping methods have now become available which reflect the improvements and effectiveness of these new technologies. We specialise in the selection and application of these advanced methodologies.
Our tried and proven systems of installation give numerous advantages over the conventional methods including;
- drastically reduced installation time
- over 60% less piping required
- over 50% less water volume contained in the heating system
- negates the need for sub floor fittings
- in excess of 80% less total fittings required
- improved heat distribution
- maximised heating efficiency
In summation ES offer an all-encompassing, fully comprehensive service for developers and contractors alike. Each and every service and product we offer is unrivaled within the market place. Each product provided is chosen for its specific capabilities.
We assume accountability for the system as a whole, provide technical training for installation contractors and if necessary oversee the installation process. Most importantly what we offer to the developer / contractor is peace of mind in knowing that the best possible suitable system has been installed in the correct manner. In short we convert a problematic and stressful issue into a positive sale aspect for your development.